Established: April 1, 2007
Revised: October 1, 2012
Revised: December 1, 2018
Oji Group Partnership Procurement Policy
The Oji Group, in order to fulfill its social responsibilities in business when procuring raw materials, pursues CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) procurement that takes environmental and social factors into consideration in cooperation with business partners throughout its supply chain.
Our CSR procurement activities are based on principles such as the United Nations Global Compact, the Oji Group Corporate Code of Conduct, and the Oji Group Environmental Charter. By implementing CSR procurement, we seek to contribute to a truly enriched and sustainable society.
We continually seek to improve our CSR procurement activities by communicating closely with business partners.
Our Requests to Business Partners
The Oji Group requests business partners in its supply chain to take the actions enumerated below, and works together with them to help them to do so. We also expect our business partners to encourage their suppliers to take these actions.
(1) Ensure stable supply
- Offer competitive prices
- Ensure quality and delivery
(2) Comply with laws and social standards, and engage in fair trade
- Comply with relevant laws and international conventions
- Maintain sincere and healthy relations with business partners
(3) Consider the environment
- Reinforce environmental management systems
- Reduce waste and effectively use resources
- Address climate change (reduce greenhouse gas emissions mainly through energy conservation, and promote carbon dioxide absorption as well as carbon fixation mainly through sustainable forest management)
- Protect biodiversity
- Reduce environmental impact
- Manage chemical substances
- Manage water resources
(4) Demonstrate social concern
- Protect human rights (prohibit child labor, forced labor, discrimination, and harassment)
- Protect labor rights (maintain good labor relations, avoid long working hours, ensure payment of above-minimum wage, and respect freedom of association as well as right to collective bargaining)
- Ensure workplace safety and health
- Contribute to society and the local community
(5) Communicate with society
- Build relationships of trust with stakeholders through communication
- Respect the cultures and customs of other countries
- Appropriately disclose and protect information
- *This procurement policy applies to all raw materials procured by the Oji Group. The procurement of wood raw materials is covered by the Wood Raw Material Procurement Guidelines which are subordinate to this procurement policy.
- *Monitoring will be conducted as needed in order to effectively pursue CSR procurement that considers environmental and social factors.