Logo

Sustainability Strategy

Sustainable Business Model and Core Competencies

Sustainable Business Model and Core Competencies

Sustainable business model “Resource circulation throughout the value chain”

The Oji Group is working to ensure that its businesses contribute to a sustainable society, through the global expansion of its sustainable business model: “resource circulation throughout the value chain.” This sustainable business model is supported by five core competencies centered on sustainable forest resources.

Sustainable business model “Resource circulation throughout the value chain”
Core Competencies Five core competencies centered on sustainable forest resources

A Sustainable Business Model that Creates and Circulates Resources

Approximately 60 percent of the raw material used in paper is recovered paper, and the remaining 40 percent comes from woods. Both recovered paper and woods are renewable resources, coming from forest resources.
We use resources carefully, and ensure thorough resource circulation throughout the value chain so that our business development itself will contribute to building a sustainable society.
Specifically, we are engaged in three forms of recycling: “forest recycling” in which we practice sustainable forest management through growing, harvesting and planting trees; “water recycling” in which we reduce water consumption by circulating and reusing water in manufacturing processes and purify wastewater; and “paper recycling” in which we collect and recycle paper products.
We are also actively promoting the biomass power generation business and developing cellulose nano-fiber (CNF), biomass plastic and other new materials derived from wood fiber, so as to expand the sustainable business model.

A Sustainable Business Model that Creates and Circulates Resources